University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee/Milwaukee, WI
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's (UWM) University Counseling Services (UCS) seeks to fill a counselor position in our counseling center. The successful candidate will be an experienced counselor or social worker with established clinical, outreach and training experience serving diverse populations. This individual will provide psychological programs and services to UWM students. This individual will have the opportunity to strengthen outreach connections with diversity partners on campus. This individual will also provide training to Counseling Services staff, doctoral interns, doctoral practicum students, and master's level trainees.
1.Independently licensed or licensed eligible in the state of Wisconsin as a LPC or LCSW by date of hire
2. Masters degree in social work, counseling or related field
3. Evidence of experience providing therapy in a mental health setting
1. 3 years or more of independent clinical practice as an LPC or LCSW
2. Evidence of experience providing supervision of mental health treatment to trainees or unlicensed staff
3. Evidence of experience providing supervision of mental health treatment to trainees or unlicensed staff
4. Evidence of experience working with the LGBTQ population
5. Evidence of experience working with BIPOC population
6. Evidence of experience evaluating and treating clients with eating disorders
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team
8. Evidence of experience doing crisis intervention with high-risk clients
9. Evidence of multicultural competence working with a variety of identities from a social justice lens
10. Evidence of experience working within a brief treatment model
The position features regular, predictable hours, no weekends, excellent benefits, and no insurance paperwork to be completed. This is a full or part-time, 9 or 10-month position. The position is salaried which is negotiable and will be based on qualification and experience.
Completed application materials must include a letter of application addressing educational and professional level work experience and knowledge as it relates to all required and preferred qualifications as listed above; A professional resume; and A document listing the names and contact information for three professional references.
In instances where the Search and Screen Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidate's application materials whether he/she meets any of the qualifications, he/she will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications.
All application materials will be further evaluated as evidence of excellent written communication skills.
Candidates selected for hire will be required to submit official college transcripts.
This is a continuous recruitment with the initial screening of candidates to begin on March 26, 2021. Applications received after March 25, 2021 may not receive consideration.
Apply To Job