Knowledge of Medical Terminology is integral for any medical professional seeking a complete understanding of medical vocabulary.
In this course, you will come across terminology used in everyday medical language. You will learn how a majority of medical terms can be broken up into word roots, combining vowels, prefixes, and suffixes to arrive at their meanings. You will also learn complementary terms, abbreviations, and words that cannot be broken into parts. You will be able to recognize the definitions, spellings, and correct pronunciations of a large number of medical terms. Through scenarios and interactivities, this course will provide you with ample opportunity to apply and practice the concepts learned, and prepare you for your role as a professional in the healthcare industry.
- Describe the four word parts used to build medical terms.
- Define the organs and structures (anatomy) for all major organ systems.
- Define the word parts for all major organ systems.
- Analyze disease and disorder, surgical, and complementary medical terms for all major organ systems.
- Use medical terms correctly by pronouncing, spelling, and applying them in context.
- Interpret the meaning of common abbreviations related to all major organ systems.
- Use appropriate medical references.
All required material included with program.